English for Journalists (Media Skills) by Wynford Hicks
- 1409 downloads at 31 mb/s
- 1366 downloads at 29 mb/s
English for Journalists is an invaluable guide not only to the basics of English, but to those aspects of writing, such as reporting speech, house style and jargon, which are specific to the language of journalism.
Written in an accessible style, English for Journalists covers the fundamentals of grammar, the use of spelling, punctuation and journalistic writing; with each point illustrated by concise examples.
This revised and updated edition includes:
- an introductory chapter which discusses the present state of English and current trends in journalistic writing
- a new chapter in the grammar section featuring ten of the most common howlers made by journalists
- up-to-date examples of spelling, punctuation and usage mistakes published in newspapers and magazines
- a specimen house-style guide reproduced in full
- an extended glossary of terms used in journalism.