Pharmacotherapy in Primary Care
- 1832 downloads at 31 mb/s
- 1639 downloads at 29 mb/s
A complete single-source guide to drug therapeutics for primary care
Pharmacotherapy in Primary Care gives you a uniquely balanced, all-inclusive look at drug therapies for all the conditions commonly seen in primary care and clinical pharmacy -- from cardiovascular to nutritional disorders.
The book's diverse authorship -- comprising both physicians and pharmacists -- ensures that content is delivered in the most complete, relevant, and impartial way possible. Ideal for use at the point of care, this handy resource is conveniently organized by disorder and utilizes a standard template for therapeutic decision-making.
- Standardized, streamlined approach to therapeutic decision-making in each chapter, consisting of:
- A high-yield, systematic review of the clinical literature that informs pharmacotherapy interventions
- Specific recommendations that optimize drug therapy for each disorder covered in the book
- Helpful treatment algorithms to speed clinical decision-making
- Evidence-based summaries that present the book's insights within the highly practical context of evidence-based medicine
- Important emphasis on identifying the variables that go into initial drug therapy decisions--plus key issues related to long-term monitoring, contingency planning, and referral