Europe since 1945: A concise history by J. Robert Wegs
Politics & Social Sciences | Politics & Government
Europe since 1945: A concise history
J. Robert Wegs
St. Martin's Press; 2nd edition (1984)
pdf, odf, mobi, cb7, azw, lit, ibooks
- 1336 downloads at 31 mb/s
- 1675 downloads at 29 mb/s
J. Robert Wegs and Robert Ladrech balance a narrative of the major events and personalities of the post-war political scene with a critical assessment of key issues and themes, such as:
- the development of the welfare state
- European integration and the European Union
- the Cold War
- the rise and fall of the Soviet Empire
- the political-economic turmoil in eastern Europe since 1989
- the place of Europe in the globalisation of the world's political-economic affairs.
The text also features further reading sections at the end of each chapter to aid more detailed study, and is enhanced throughout with tables, maps and illustrations.
Written for students and general readers alike, this thoroughly revised, updated and expanded new edition is an ideal introduction for anyone with an interest in the history and politics of post-war Europe, east and west.