Management of Design: Engineering and Management Perspectives by Sriram Dasu, Charles Eastman
Engineering & Transportation | Engineering
Management of Design: Engineering and Management Perspectives
Sriram Dasu, Charles Eastman
Springer; 1994 edition (November 30, 1994)
pdf, odf, mobi, cb7, azw, lit, ibooks
- 1297 downloads at 31 mb/s
In this volume, design is considered as the planning and specification activity prior to fabrication. Design determines what products will be produced, how they will be produced, and when they will be introduced into the market. The quality of the products and the speed with which they are developed are significantly affected by the design process. The design process by which a product is developed is determined by the managerial and engineering practices, tools and techniques.
This book presents engineering and management perspectives on design. Topics covered include:
- Decomposition of product development projects;
- Tools and techniques for preliminary evaluation of designs;
- Interface between design and manufacturing, assembly and distribution;
- Design information flows, and
- Determination of the scope, timing and duration of projects, and the allocation of resources.