Organometallic Chemistry by Gary O. Spessard
Science & Math | Chemistry
Gary O. Spessard
Oxford University Press; 2 edition (October 26, 2009)
pdf, odf, mobi, cb7, azw, lit, ibooks
- 1417 downloads at 31 mb/s
- 1645 downloads at 29 mb/s
* Numerous in-chapter worked examples and expansive end-of-chapter problem sets. Covering a wide spectrum of difficulty, the end-of-chapter problems range from basic practice problems to more advanced analytical ones; many of these are directly referenced to the current chemical literature.
* An experimental approach--illustrated by both groundbreaking classic experiments and cutting-edge contemporary ones-- that not only teaches students what is now known about organometallic chemistry, but also how we know what we know
* Real-world applications--highlighted throughout the text-- that engage students and reveal the relevance of organometallic chemistry to the world of industry
NEW TO THE SECOND EDITION
* Updated and expanded coverage of the latest developments in the field, including IR, NMR, and mass spectroscopy; catalysis; carbene complexes; metathesis and polymerization; and applications to organic synthesis
* More extensive treatments of industrial applications, including hydroformylation, uses of Grubbs and Schrock metal carbene catalysts, SHOP, palladium-catalyzed cross-couplings, and more
* 50% more in-chapter worked examples and expansive end-of-chapter problem sets than the previous edition
* 25% more in-chapter exercises (with answers in Appendix B) than the previous edition
* A new focus on green chemistry that reveals how well its principles mesh with those of organotransition metal catalysis
* Introduction of the 18-electron rule (Chapter 3)
* New computational approaches to molecular orbital calculations (Chapter 2)
* 25% more molecular model illustrations than the previous edition. The text now includes more than 600 illustrations and structures, including 120 brand-new figures; all preexisting figures have been revised for clarity and consistency.
Organometallic Chemistry, Second Edition, is supplemented by an Instructor's Resource CD-ROM, which includes all of the figures from the text in electronic format and the solutions to all of the exercises and problems from the text (in an editable Word file format).